(Thursday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Hub 140 Weller Road, Tarragindi
Watercolour Society Queenslandwatercoloursocietyqld@gmail.com 0428 320 066 / 0419 760 993
Portraiture Workshop with Penelope Gilbert-Ng second workshop will be held on 17th September 2020 at 140 Weller Road, Tarragindi. Due to
Portraiture Workshop with Penelope Gilbert-Ng second workshop will be held on 17th September 2020 at 140 Weller Road, Tarragindi.
Due to COVID 19 restrictions, and keeping the numbers small in the class, a second workshop is organized for members on the wait-list.
Subject for painting: Portrait of Phil:
Phil will once again be the subject for painting, but this time with reverse lighting. Penelope met Phil at an Abby museum day a few years ago and snapped a photograph of him knowing he was a great subject for painting.
Meet the Artist:
Penelope Gilbert-Ng ‘s journey as an artist started at age 3. In her late teens, she earned her Diploma of Painting (1971) from the East Sydney Technical College. After college, Penelope Gilbert Ng developed her painting living in Papua New Guinea for 13 years.
On returning to Australia in1986, she continued to learn and develop as an artist. She met and learned from acclaimed artists in Australia, New York, and New Mexico. For her, continual learning is the key to self-development as an artist. Eventually, she became a Master Pastellist and is associated with the Pastel Society of Australia. In the past, she has taken up the President and Fellow position at the Royal Qld Art Society. Today, she is the most sought after tutor as many Art Societies and Groups, locally and nationally keep her schedule busy. Currently, she tutors and teaches in all mediums.
For more details on the Artist visit the website https://www.penelopegilbertng.com.au
The Materials List for the Workshop:
The watercolours list needed for the Portraiture workshop with Penelope Gilbert-Ng is as follows:
Daniel Smith Winsor & Newton
Cobalt Teal Blue Phthalo Turquoise
Rose of Ultramarine *Magenta and *French Ultramarine mixed tog
Orange Cadmium Orange
Undersea Green Sap Green
1 Chinese white or titanium gouache
Your usual watercolours and pallet, 2H and 2B pencil, and Tracing paper
Paper and other necessary materials:
- 300 GSM CP Arches, Saunders Waterford, or Fabriano Half sheet (second half may be used for another portrait if time permits)
- A board big enough to accommodate the size of half sheet.
- A Beige coloured masking tape, not coloured ½ inch or narrower to adhere the paper to board
- 1 Large round brush with a good point, I small pointed brush, 1 eradicator if you have this brush
- Tissues, old towel or washer, or sponge
- 2 Water containers
- iPad or Notebook for photo reference (Easier for viewing and enlarging for detail when needed. You can also use it for printing reference)
- A stand for iPad to lean on, and
- Something to lean the painting on at 45 degrees.