The purpose of the Watercolour Society of Queensland is to promote and support Watercolour painting, painters and students of painting in Brisbane and throughout Queensland, by providing, classes in watercolour painting, workshops, exhibitions, access to library materials and members’ artworks and demonstrations.
- learn to paint with watercolour medium
- gain valuable knowledge
- Enhance your watercolour art career
membership entitles you to:
- Attend workshops and classes given by recognised/professional artists and tutors at a reduced price
- Enter exhibitions for the sale of your artwork, including judged prizes
- Receive regular newsletters
- Access the DVD and book library
- Participate in social events
- View demonstrations of watercolour techniques provided by experienced members
- Participate in bulk buying opportunities to secure art materials at a reduced price
how to become a member
The Membership Fee is $55 a year with an initial $15 Admin fee for the first year only.
To apply for Membership: Click Here
If unable to apply for membership online, please call 0428 320 066
If you would like to submit application manually follow the instructions below.
- Open the MS Word file titled WSQ Membership Application (here). We suggest you immediately save this file on your desktop using your name as the file name.
- Complete the required data fields and resave the file.
- Email the completed MS Word file including proof of payment if paying by EFT or credit card to both:
- Please do not fill out the form manually and please do not return scanned pdf files. By returning a completed MS Word file we are able to cut and paste data electronically- thus reducing administration effort and errors.
- WSQ prefer payment by EFT
WSQ bank details are:
Account No: 00921834
Reference: Your last name + workshop
- If you wish to pay by cheque, attach the cheque to the completed hardcopy Membership Application and mail to: Watercolour Society of Queensland PO Box 358 Holland Park QLD 4121.
For further enquiries contact the WSQ Secretary on 0428 320 066.